Revised the mockup I made earlier.
Another mockup, this one is based on monsters fighting instead of the players’ sprites. Monster sprites are from the DawnLike set.
The monster sprites are from DawnLike, it is a really cool graphics set (and open-source!). I am experimenting with different battle screens, this is the first test I did. The layout is inspired by the Shining Force games. This view should also be able to work well for touch-screen devices.
In the picture above you can see a mock-up I have made for the battle engine that I might implement in the sequel of Letter for Mimi 2. Writing the code for this part will take a lot of time, so it will not be included in the second installment of the Letter for Mimi […]
After thinking about what I wrote in the previous update, I have decided to redo the Letter for Mimi 2 editor. Instead of just diving in, I am working on creating all the *.xml manipulating functionality first. Meanwhile I have also started on making mock-ups of how I want the menu’s to look like, which […]