kcnhgames.com header

Letter for Mimi 2 – wip #25

In the image above you can see the current state of the map interface in the Letter for Mimi 2 editor. The tiles are double their actual size (the actual size being 16×16 pixels). What is cool here is that all tiles are loaded from a single tilesheet. The map you see at the moment […]

Posted in Game development | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Letter for Mimi 2 – wip #23

A lot of the *.xml manipulation functions have been made, but I still have to do most ‘npc’ change functions (such as changing a dialogue line and adding events) and some others. A lot of this is copy-paste work so it is a bit boring work. In the screenshot below you can see what the […]

Posted in Game development | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Letter for Mimi 2 – wip #22

After thinking about what I wrote in the previous update, I have decided to redo the Letter for Mimi 2 editor. Instead of just diving in, I am working on creating all the *.xml manipulating functionality first. Meanwhile I have also started on making mock-ups of how I want the menu’s to look like, which […]

Posted in Game development | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Letter for Mimi 2 – wip #21

In the screenshot above you can see the current state of the editor. For the GUI I used the tkinter package for Python, but it is a bit unintuitive to use which makes progress slow. I am in doubt if I should continue with this version or just start over and maybe use a different […]

Posted in Game development | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Letter for Mimi 2 – wip #18

In the screenshot above you can see the current progress for the Letter for Mimi 2 editor. The editor is able to create and export *.xml files, which can be used in the game engine. I am planning to be able to have enough functionality in the editor so I can create content fast en […]

Posted in Game development | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment