Fixed the backwards ‘moonwalking’ and added a pointer so you can select the target of the attack. The video also shows a healing power, which is basically an attack with a negative damage amount. The creatures will now also attack a random enemy instead of the first one by default. They also select a random …
Category Archives: Game development
Letter for Mimi 3 – wip #3
Creatures now fall over when they have zero or fewer hit points, and they walk forward when it’s their turn in the battle. The video also demonstrates a battle with a party containing more than 1 character.
Letter for Mimi 3 – wip #2
A short battle sequence for Letter for Mimi 3. I am redesigning the whole game since the battle engine was not planned very well in the previous attempt. For now I want to have a solid and working battle engine, and then add the rest of the gameplay (the adventure part) to it.
Added some buttons
I tried out adding some buttons and some basic save functionality. At the moment it just copies the world object to your clipboard, but I will look into saving it using localstorage.
Islands and framework progress
More voronoi cells
Some thoughts and idea’s for the Voronoi cell strategy game. I’ve added a date timer, which will be the actual date in the world on which events are based. For example, moving an army might take 1 month depending on the distance between two capitals. The water cells don’t have a capital, and can’t be …
Jester Sokoban – Random trees
In the image above you can see the random set of trees that are generated for the level. I’ve decided to name the game Jester Sokoban since the main character is a jester, whose sprite I picked up in Kenney’s Roguelike character pack. In the past I’ve done a Sokoban style game before, and I …
A screenshot of the Sokoban game I have been working on today.
I have recently discovered Pico8, it is a cool little OS that is based around a 128×128 screen and LUA coding. I played some games and thought it would be cool if I could create an adventure game for it. After reading forum posts and the manual it turns out the licensing is a bit …