Usually when I eat pancakes, they are very thin (also called crêpes in French). So I decided it was time for something else, therefore I made American-style pancakes ‘flapjacks’ today:
They taste great as breakfast or lunch, here is a recipe so you can make your own!
You will need:
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 tablespoons of sugar
-1 teaspoon of salt
-140 grams of self-raising flour
-1,5 decilitres of milk
-A large egg
-Some oil or butter to use for baking (I used olive oil)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and beat it until you get a smooth batter-like substance.
2. Heat the pan on the stove and put a little olive oil / butter in it to prevent the pancake from sticking.
3. Gently poor the batter into the pan.
4. Wait until there are bubbles forming at the surface of the baking pancake, this may take a minute or so.
5. Turn the pancake to bake the other side using the spatula, if you did it correctly the side that is now facing up has a brownish colour like the picture above.
6. Peek under the pancake to see if it is done and put it on a plate.
7. Repeat step 3,4,5 and 6 until you are out of batter.
8. When you are done, serve the pancake with your favourite topping, I used syrup.