I have put the ‘map editor’ project on halt, because it became difficult to work on two projects simultaneously. Currently, the game is developed by manipulating the *.xml format by hand. In the future I hope to revisit the map editor project. Python and Tkinter turned out to be not suited at all for my purposes. I also worked on improving the tiles today. The exit tile is now a lot brighter, so it is clear it has some kind of special meaning without explicitly telling the player. The shadows on the trees and grass have been mirrored, so now all the shadows will fall to the left. It is difficult to give a good estimate when the game will be finished, but I hope to do so before the end of the summer.
I hear ya, man. I tried to work on two projects at one time, once, myself. I realized, pretty quickly, that that was not going to be a good idea.
Leave a comment