In the animated image above you can see the menu I have designed for the game. The window itself resizes if more items are added to the list of options. I have also worked a bit on a ‘global’ class which holds globally accessible information such as the player name and text-colours.
A major design-flaw in my previous games was that the content was not separated from the game-engine. Even in my Flixel Adventure Game Tutorial you can see that apart from the map, all content is hard-coded. My plan for this new game is to put all content into an XML file that is embedded in […]
During the summer holidays, I made a trip to London and Edinburgh which was a lot of fun. One of my hobby’s besides making games, is collecting bottle caps. I was able to collect some new ones while in Scotland, two of which can be seen in the picture above. The one on the left […]
The video above shows a work in progress, currently just engine updates for a sequel to the Flash game ‘Letter for Mimi‘. Three features can be seen that I have added to the game engine: 1. animated tiles, 2. walking ‘in’ tall grass, 3. running. The sprites may be subject to change, some still need […]
I managed to get animated tiles working for a game I am developing in Flixel. The method I have used is not very efficient: the program loops through all the tiles in the tilemap and changes the tile if it is an animated tile. In the future I might improve this method if it creates […]
I worked on a little project today to optimise the website for search engines, or search engine optimisation. One of the things I have done is added meta tags to all the pages, which now contain keywords like ‘Flixel’, ‘Flash’, ‘games’ and ‘tutorials’. As you might have noticed, I have also added a favicon which […]